Saturday, September 8, 2012

Exercising & Health

This is what the illustration looks like before coloring with photoshop. I start off with using a Micron pen and do a little cross-hatching.

This picture I actually illustrated for the Neponset Health Center in Boston. Although you can't see it when you go in, because they placed it in the areas where the patients, Dr.'s, and nurses go. Basically not in an area where there is a lot of traffic. What was great about this one? It was my Dr.'s idea for me to draw a picture dealing with health.
 
I think we all know how important a good health and exercise is for our vitality. I once read an article on CNN.COM, basically the most bogus one I have ever read. It was about how exercise does not necessarily help you to lose weight because you eat more. Well I would assume most people would know if you eat the right things after a hard workout, you will not plateau in your weight loss. Of course it is a horrible idea to work out hard and then turn around and get a meat lovers pizza with a soda and chips. What I find however, is that watching your portions are a big deal. Here are some other tips from me.
  1. Drink plenty of water
  2. Snack on plenty of fruit
  3. Exercise consistently, 4-5x a week for at least 30 minutes. Most people make the mistake of working out consistantly for 2-3 weeks then stopping because they feel that they have not lost much weight. It takes time to lose the pounds. You didn't get the pounds overnight, therefore you will lose it  overnight either.
  4. Weight train-- which will help you gain muscle in the process and you will burn more calories
  5. Find out what motivates you-- we all have our motivations when it comes to exercising. Whether it is looking forward to that cute guy at the gym, buying new exercise gear, or just that dress that you have been wanting to fit in to for such a long time. My personal motivation? I run races, mostly 5K's and 10K's and always want to give my best performance out there. Another, sometimes those races have some really cute guys. Lastly, if I gain weight, I can't afford new clothes.
  6.  
     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment