Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Horror Movie Obsession

Horror movies, my absolute favorite. Just to think it all started being seven years old and constantly watching the movie "Amityville" knowing I had to go to bed right afterwards. This picture is based on my weird imagination, basically this is the type of stuff I think about while at work. It is my personal belief, that my obsession with horror movies is part of the reason for my wild thoughts. The funniest thing to see a pumpkin with a knife chasing someone. If it were me, I would just....kick him out of the way. 

I also believe in just about anything supernatural because of the horror movies. I don't know, maybe because I am strange, naive, silly, oddballish.. who knows? In my opinion, they all have a certain truth, they just fudge the details a little. For instance, the movie "Alien" who are we to say that there is no such thing? How do you know the government is just not keeping some sort of secret from us? If the world were to know that there were man hungry aliens out there, it would cause such chaos and havoc we would eventually destroy ourselves. What about  "Nightmare On Elm Street"? The story was created because Wes Craven read an article in a newspaper regarding a man who kept having nightmares. He did his best to stay awake, even keeping a pot of coffee by his bed. One day the man dies in his sleep, which gave Wes the brilliant horror movie idea. The fact that these horror movies have a sort of truth, is what scares me, and intrigues me at the same time. What about you?

The made over "Amityville" house below.

No comments:

Post a Comment