Monday, August 13, 2012

CHEATING-INFIDELITY--Go for it or not?

Beautiful wedding cake that has been rotted. Oh yeah it is also bleeding. One of my first illustrations I colored through Photoshop.
I once had a situation where the person I was dating constantly accused me of cheating every which way you can think of at least three times a week. Accused me of having an affair with friends, my boss, co-workers... the puppy next door. If I conversed with a rooster down the street he would accuse me of screwing it. I got so mentally and emotionally drained that I did began to think what it would be like with someone else, if this person is already accusing me of screwing around and I am not, (never cheated on a boyfriend in my life), and I am being as faithful as ever, what would the difference be if I just went ahead and just CHEATED?? I mean hey, he is accusing me anyway, so why not go for it. Once I had that thought, I knew it was time to bail out. For the first time in my life, I could understand what would drive someone to actually cheat in a relationship. I realized even if I did cheat, I would still have to go home to that crazy boyfriend of mine. So, of course, I chose the option of leaving him instead.

Which brings me to a question. Is cheating ever OK? People have their reasons for cheating, not enough attention, their partner is overbearing, they are afraid to leave and try something new so they just cheat instead of leaving. Some people like the thrill. Personally if someone is a problem for me I just cut all ties, I would rather that, cheating from what I see, makes things very messy and can cause more problems than the ones you already have with that partner. But of course, that is IF you get caught. What I find more interesting, is that different nations around the world vary in their opinions about cheating. I found out that Russia is more open minded to extra marital affairs, some Western European cultures are very strict on the idea, and Africa also is known for their infidelity as well.
 Music by Katy Perry



Percentage of people in each country who feel that cheating is ALWAYS WRONG:

Australia 59%
Czech Republic 43%
Germany, 55%
 Norway 70%
Hungary 62%
Russia 36%
Austria 67%
Spain 76%
United States ---80%

http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Infidelity.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment