Monday, August 6, 2012

The Supernatural--how real is it?

THE SUPERNATURAL-HOW REAL IS IT?




We all have our own scary, haunted story don't we? The Ouija Board, the haunted house down the street, the terrifying basement. From vampires, ghosts, demons, angels- how real are these things? I grew up in a very religious family, and being I went to church and have an extensive Christian backgroud, often I heard and still hear the stories of good and bad spirits. What huge part does the supernatural play in our lives and affect the way we think?

Vampires have been a popular folklore in our history dating back centuries. I recently I read an article about the vampire community in New Orleans, I didn't even know there was a vampire community in that area, or at all. In this community, these "vampires" or people, actually have their teeth sharpened, are into eating raw foods, and drink blood. Besides the coffins, ultra strength, the burning sunlight, and living hundreds of years, I guess that is close enough. http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2012/08/03/new-orleans-voodoo-hoodoo-vampires-oh-my/

I often wonder how many spirits actually roam the earth, how many times have I actually run into someone that was actually...I don't know, posssessed?  And if scientists or other realists say that there is no such thing as the supernatural, what explains all of the stories out there that people experience in houses, basements, haunted asylums, or the strange happenings when a loved one dies? I often wonder that, especially with the Ouija Board. Which by the way you can now play online. Why don't you play it, and just let me know how it goes... b/c I am a little...scared. Here is the website:



STATISTICS
  • 51% of the American population believe in ghosts
  • 68% believe that Satan is real
  • 72% believe in Angels
  • 34% believe in ghosts or UFO's
  • 45% of Americans aged 18-29 believe in Haunted Houses

No comments:

Post a Comment